Friday, January 20, 2006

Everybody is a critic...

Ok, so now that I have added a few stories to my blog, I am discovering that there is alot of pressure when you write blog stories.

I have gotten alot of feedback, mainly from my family, on my blogging. While I am really glad that they are reading it, I find myself thinking: It takes a brave person to put your thoughts out there for everyone to read... even if some of the thoughts do ramble around a bit. Especially if you are a person who really hated writing in school!

Comments (not already shared under the comment section):
1. "You're last topic was a little hard to follow." You are writing in the passive form...you should have an active verb in there somewhere. I gotta tell you that I was really impressed with this comment....it meant that someone had actually listened in English and learned something!

2. You should write shorter blogs. (This from a family member that doesn't pick up a book, EVER...well, to be fair, maybe they pick up a magazine to take in the "library" once and a while.)

3. Suggestions for topics to write about....the list is varied on this one. (Keep those suggestions coming...I can always use the help.) I will look positively on all comments and just be glad that someone is taking the time to read them.

My last comment to the peanut gallery is: try it yourself and see how YOU do on the blog circuit.

But remember: Everybody is a critic!!!!

2 comments:

Neva said...

YOu gotta love the family comments don't you!?Keep up the blogging...it certainly makes me appreciate how hard it can be to blog!...I am also impressed that someone new what a passive voice was!!!!!

Jeff said...

everyone's a critic... but only a few of them get paid for it.