Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IT"S Not the Big One!

IT’S NOT THE BIG ONE, so take a deep breath!!!…IT”S JUST ME WRITING A BLOG!!
I almost hate to ruin my family’s running joke about my blog writing absence!
Jeffrey, in particular, may have to come up with a new standard answer to questions from the “this is my question, mom!!”

Most of the conversations go something like this:
Me: “ I need to ____ “- (Here you may insert any appropriate activity such as: clean, read, take bath, go to Walmart, watch TV, etc.)
Family member: “You COULD go write a blog.”
They have been pretty relentless about wanting me to post something.
I’m not sure they were all that interested in my thoughts before when I was blogging on a more regular basis, but I appreciate that they seem to have missed me writing.

I can’t really believe it has been so long since I sat down and wrote anything!
If I think about why I haven’t blogged, I would have to say it probably is because I didn’t feel like I could adequately describe the wonderful experience of waiting on a new grandbaby to make his appearance and then the reality of having a new grandbaby.
I was discussing this problem with Cara, “my blog mentor”and the person that introduced me to the blog world. (Admittedly, this conversation took place about a year ago!) She said that when the subject is emotional, she sometimes just posts pictures. That made perfect sense to me but I still felt like I should be writing something incredible about the baby! .
Teddy is just the most adorable baby and it has been GREAT being grandparents and watching him change so quickly.

It seemed like forever while we were waiting for him to make his appearance but it was so exciting when he arrived. It only took one look and it was all over ….we all fell hard for the little guy!
We can’t seem to get enough of him! It seems like each picture taken of him is cuter than the last! (I know that I am totally biased on this subject…but he really is the cutest baby ever!) Below is a sample of his adorableness!!!!:

You can see his new teeth in this one:




He loves his tongue...that is totally a grandpa and mom trait!


I confess that I show off pictures of him to my co-workers pretty frequently and must admit that they have been pretty good about not groaning when they see me dragging out the new pictures. (BTW-That bragging and picture showing is allowed in the grandmother’s rule book!) The doctor I work for is not as enthused about the baby pictures and sometimes gives me a hard time about all the pictures, stories, etc about the baby. He is a big hunter and loves to show his deer pictures and elk pictures and tell stories about them. I told him that everytime I have to look at dead deer or elk pictures, then he has to look at baby pictures! It seems to be a good balance!!

The mystery Blogger has done a wonderful job posting some adorable pictures of “the-adorable Theodore” in my absence and I really appreciate the “substitute Blogger” stepping in and assisting with the big events going on around here. I hope he will continue to ”Share” this blog. He actually has some good stories in him and I would love for him to write a few more!

There always seems to be a lot of “things to do” and as I’ve mentioned before, writing really isn’t one of my favorite things… I much prefer sitting around reading, watching cooking and decorating shows ( or reality shows, you know). And basically now, TEDDDY TRUMPS ALL Things!!

Having the family over is like a big treat and we really look forward to our weekend get togethers. We love having the “firebug” over.( This would be the daughter-in law that loves to mess with starting a fire and “tending it”. ) There is nothing that beats good food, nice cozy fire on a winter’s day, and all the family over…and of course TEDDY!!!! It usually ends up being the “Teddy show” and we all sit around and watch him play, learn to crawl, eat and do all those baby things that seem like such big deals!!

During the week, it has been a little quiet around here since the youngest went back to college. We really miss having him deciding what’s for dinner!!! (Just kidding, we miss him for other reasons too!!! But if he is reading this: What’s for Dinner?)


Well, I have been composing this little blog for several months ( even though it doesn’t say much), and I really need to post it . I hope I will be inspired to write a few more blogs in a timely fashion, but I’m not promising anything at this point!!

8 comments:

Jeff said...

I know what's for dinner friday and saturday! Anyways, it's about freaking time... we love the mystery blogger but he's so short winded with stories, we need some more info! If there was an entry about a wedding dress, Mystery blogger would say something like "it was white, and it had a veil." The real Question-ator would have 12 paragraphs on it... you get my point?

Unknown said...

The blog vacation is over!

GR8UMPS3 said...

I now had off the torch to the real blogger.

And they are white and have a veil.

GR8UMPS3 said...

hand

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! You should post all of the "Teddy" stories you can write...if nothing else, you will have a complete "Teddy Diary" to look back at (and share with him) someday--how special would that be!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Of course you can say he's the cutest baby ever...he's YOUR grandson! I agree, he is ADORABLE...keep posting the pictures!

Anonymous said...

See what happens when the real blogger actually blogs??? She gets Teddy's cold. So not fair. I guess that's one way for him to spread his love...

Neva said...

I am speechless.